Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Countdown - Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 days until Christmas . . .


Only two days left. Wow, I really hope you are finished with your shopping and now you are just enjoying a steamy cup of hot cocoa and watching Christmas movies.


These cookies are what I imagine Santa would love. They have chocolate and peppermint. I bet you saw that one coming, huh? I'm not surprised! These are terrific and one of my favorite cookies! If you leave a plate of these out, they will be gone quickly, so be sure to save a few for Santa!

Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies - David Lebovitz
INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose four
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs at room temperature
7 oz milk chocolate chips
7 oz Andes Peppermint Crunch Chips

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350*. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a stand mixer combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl on medium until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Stir in the flour mixture and the chocolate and peppermint chips. Roll this out into a log and wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours. (This needs to be done). Slice the log into 3/4" slices and places on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, at 5 minutes turn the cookies sheet around in the oven. Weird I know, but that's what the directions say and I did it. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet! (These cookies actually spread quite a bit - even being put into the oven on the colder side.  I recommend dividing this into fourths and rolling it into a log about an inch high).  I have HUGE 4" cookies!  

Tomorrow is my last post, I hope you will miss them like I will. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment