Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Countdown - Ice Cream Cone Cannoli


5 days until Christmas . . .

This is a slow day. Not too messy, not a big clean up.  I have never had these, but I came across it here and thought I would give it a try.  I wanted to decorate my cone so I dipped it into melted chocolate and then dipped the cone into jimmies.  It gave them more of a festive look! 


I definitely recommend only filling the ice cream cones right before they are ready to be served because they will get soggy!  Let me know what you think!  Enjoy!  







Ice Cream Cone Cannoli

INGREDIENTS: 
15 oz Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoons orange rind (i didn't put this in mine)
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

8-10 sugar ice cream cones

DIRECTIONS:
With a wooden spoon mix ricotta, powdered sugar, (orange rind,) and vanilla until smooth.  Add the chips and stir until evenly blended.  Cover and refrigerate for an hour.  Spoon mixture into ice cream cone.   Keep mixture into fridge until you are ready to use it! 


I would definitely stop by tomorrow if I were you because everyone loves tomorrow's treat! You just can't stand not knowing, huh? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment