Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Peppermint Bark

Every Christmas, for as long as I can remember, my family (mom, sister and dad) made cookies and treats every year: press cookies, sugar cookies, butter cookies, molasses cookies, dipped pretzels, pecan balls, etc. My sister, Katie, and I would stand on chairs next to my mom and help her make the dough, lay the cookies on the sheet and then later frost them or cover them in copious amounts of sprinkles.

Well the tradition continues, my mom still makes all the cookies each year. I had to start making new cookies because no one really needs two batches of press cookies, molasses cookies, and sugar cookies, right? This year I decided I would try to make peppermint bark! I always loved Lammes Candies' version, but I wanted to add chocolate! I made this last night with the fudge! I think it's a winner and maybe a new Christmas tradition - for me!

Love my Christmas plates!

I hope you and yours have a very safe and Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment