Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fantasy Fudge

My Dad always makes the most delicious fudge! Honestly, everyone loved it and no matter where I had fudge it just wasn't as good as my dad's. =) I am not sure if that was a younger mentality of "everything my dad does is better than your dad" or if his really was better. When I got married and moved into our house I decided I wanted all the recipes my parents made and that fudge recipe was the first one I wanted. So I copied it down and went home to make it. Guess what I noticed! That delicious fudge recipe is on the back of the jar of marshmallow creme! I guess it really was in my head, or Kraft has the best recipe!

Fantasy Fudge
3 cups Sugar
a 5oz can of evaporated milk
3/4 cup of butter
1 jar of Kraft Jet Puffed- marshmallow creme
1.5 boxes of Bakers Semi Sweet chocolate - chopped (12 squares)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts of your choice (i, personally, leave out the nuts)

1. prepare a 9x13 pan (if you like it thin) or a 9x9 (if you like it thick). My dad never lined the pan with anything, but I decided to use foil this time
2. chop all the chocolate into pieces, so it melts faster
3. Melt the butter, sugar, and milk in a saucepan stirring constantly
4. Bring it to a full boil for 4 minutes or until your candy thermometer says 234* and remove from heat
5. Stir in the marshmallow creme and the chocolate pieces. (Be VERY careful not to splatter because it is HOT!)
6. Pour mix into your prepared pan and spread it out evenly
7. After letting it cool for about 10-15 minutes (maybe longer, i didn't time this) cut the fudge; it makes it easier to cut it again once it's hardened. (I did not do this last year and I had to give everyone crumbles and broken fudge)
8. let is cool and you are ready to serve! mmmm...enjoy!

I didn't take a picture of it ready to go, maybe I will add that in later!

No comments:

Post a Comment