Wednesday, July 27, 2011

They grow up so fast!

I cannot believe my little girl is TWO today! Where does the time go!? I remember when she was so little and fit perfectly in my arms, and now she's 57 pounds and I can barely hold her. Well, in honor of her 2nd birthday I will show you how to make her favorite snacks! She love, love, loves them and really gets a kick out of licking the peanut butter off the spoon when we are finished. Here's how to make her favorite peanut butter treats and banana ice cream cubes.

Homemade Peanut Butter Bites
1.5 cups flower
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup water
Directions: Preheat oven to 325*. Mix all ingredients until well combined. Form tablespoon sized balls and place on an un-greased cookie sheet (I personally make them more bite sized - the size of a quarter). Flatten balls to 1/4" (I use the bottom of a glass). Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Banana Ice Cream
2 cups vanilla or plain, low-fat yogurt
2 mashed bananas
2 tbls of honey
Directions: Put everything in a blender and combine. Put in an ice cube tray and freeze!
FYI: it is true that dairy products aren't good for your dogs, but yogurt contains much less lactate than regular milk and the live cultures are great for your dog's digestive system. - Thank you CTSPCA!

Oh, did I fail to mention my baby is a two year old, black and white, dog?! Oh yes, Aggie's a dog and she's my baby! ;-)

Aggie at 7 weeks old and 7 pounds!

Aggie today with her bone!

Happy Birthday Aggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment