Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cherries in the Snow

This recipe is one of my all-time favorite desserts! My mom always made this on Valentine's Day (why? i don't know) and I always looked forward to it. She even made me my own individual pies and brought them to College Station when I was in college. I needed a dessert for our neighbor dinner and this was the first thing that popped into my head. Enjoy!

Cherries in the Snow
Crust:
3 cups of crumbs
1 stick of butter
1/2 c sugar
Filling:
2-8oz of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat) (room temperature)
1-12 0z tub of cool whip (unfrozen)
1/2 c sugar
2 cans cherry pie filling

1. Crush graham crackers. Melt Butter. Add sugar to crackers and mix with butter.

2. Press mixture into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.


3. In a bowl combine cool whip, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy. Poor evenly onto crust.


4. Top with cherry filling. Chill, then serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment