Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Your Turn!
Cookies 'n Cream Pudding

I am going to try something new. I will find a recipe to make for dessert (be that from a magazine, website, cookbook, or blog) and show you how to make it and give you a rating on it from my panel. Who will be my panel, you ask?

Well, to answer that you need some back ground! Michael and I moved into our new house June of 2009. Guess who moved in next door 3 months later!? Not one, but TWO Aggies! Justin & Katie (c/o '09)! Well, we immediately became friends and started doing weekly dinners. One week they make dinner and I make the dessert and the next week vice versa! We now have been doing this for over a year! In March we added a new couple to our weekly dinner, Ashley and Cory.

There ya go! Every 3 weeks, when it's my turn to make dessert, I will put on my blog a new recipe, directions, hopefully a few pictures and the overall rating from my panel of 5 judges!

So, here's to a first of many! Recipe Source

Cookies n' Cream Pudding
8 Oreo Cookies
2 cups of milk
1 pkg (4 servings) Jell-O Vanilla (I used chocolate) flavor pudding and pie filling
3/4 cup cool whip (I used light)

1. In a medium bowl mix together the milk and jell-o packet until thick (approx 2 minutes)
2. stir in 8 crushed oreos (I did this quickly with a zip lock bag and a rolling pin)
3. stir in 1/2 cup of cool whip, the rest can be used later
4. spoon into 4 dessert bowls (I had enough for 6)
5. Garnish with cool whip or oreo. (I used cool whip with some chocolate sprinkles, in a homemade chocolate bowl).

Panel Score: 4 out of 5 stars!
Baker Notes: Very, quick and easy to make. Maybe 10 minutes - total! Quick clean up!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment