Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Countdown - Spiral Sugar Cookies

9 days until Christmas . . .

Today, I will show you how to make spiral cookies! These can also be made for different 
holidays!


Go bake your favorite sugar cookie recipe. Divide the dough into two sections. I dyed half of it red 
and left the other half plain. You can do whichever you choose, red and green, white and red,
white and green. You get the idea?

Now, there are different ways to do this, I will tell you what works for me and I hope this works for
you. Roll out one of the colors to a size of about 9x13 at 1/4" thick. Roll out the other the same way.
Lightly wet the first one - I mean lightly, just enough so it will stick. Place one on top of the other.
Start at one of the long (or 13") sides and begin rolling. Here you can roll your dough in sprinkles or leave it plain - the decision is yours and both will be delicious. I made both to give you an idea, but the sprinkles made it more difficult!

Put the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days. Preheat the oven to the temperature on your recipe. Slice the cookies about 3/4" thick and lay them out on the cookie sheet and bake as directed.

Simple, right? Enjoy! Tomorrow I have a DELICIOUS cupcake recipe for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment